AEquacy is based on a framework of operating principles
that determines the main elements in four areas that need to be in place
for a successful implementation of (or transition to) this new system.
Framework of Operating Principles
provides the conditions for the new organization to develop.
- Self-organizing teams work in full autonomy, advancing the purpose of the company;
- Peer-based coordination maintains alignment between teams;
- Distributed authority makes sure that decision-making happens wherever an issue emerges;
- Extended financial responsibility assigns each team Profit & Loss accountabilities.
are fundamental values whose presence is necessary for Aequacy to run successfully.
- Trust empowers people to work at their best;
- Accountability: in the absence of bosses, people are mutually accountable for the results of their actions;
- Partnership is the quality of equal relationships, when we move out of the superior-subordinate paradigm;
- Continuous Learning becomes a state of mind in aequal organizations.
reinforce the expected working practices of the organization, and keep bureaucracy out of sight.
- Radical simplicity makes sure that the company doesn’t fall into the trap of bureaucracy;
- Consent decision-making enables fast decisions and provides better alignment in teams;
- Peer feedback loops replace the outdated Performance Management System and give people continuous input on how they are doing and if/what they can improve.
- Information free-flow empowers people and gives them the opportunity to foster innovation.
Individual and Team Mastery
are the essential competences to be successful and enjoy working in an aequal organization.
- Personal Mastery is the key to finding one’s own personal compass in a complex and ambiguous environment;
- System Awareness allows a better understanding of the team and organizational dynamics in order to navigate and influence the system;
- Collaboration allows people to engage in productive dialogue and address conflict effectively;
- Team management allows every person to be co-accountable for the governance of the team.
Our implementation model is based on our +15 year experience in designing and delivering change programs for large organizations and on the peculiar elements that are required for a successful participative process according to the AEquacy values and operating principles.